5 Clues to Close the Gap on Your Goals

It is is not an accident that some people consistently achieve remarkable things.  While most individuals in our society believe that success is due to factors outside their control, research shows that this is often not the case.

The reality is that highly successful people are intentional about identifying specific desirable outcomes they plan to pursue and achieve.  Here is what differentiates them. They then get out and take consistent daily action to bring them to fruition.

Goals

One of the common characteristics of elite performers is they consistently find ways to effectively pursue their vision.  EVERY SINGLE DAY.  If you are curious about how to make this happen, then consider these five clues that will allow you to close the gap on your goals immediately.

5 Clues to Close the Gap on Your Goals

Clue #1: Pursue Specificity in Your Passion —> If you want to close the gap on your goals, the first thing you need to do is to be specific about exactly what you are passionate about purusing.  When you get in touch with what matters to you most, you tap into an energy that will guide your efforts on a daily basis.  However, be aware that you must be intentional about this process because life’s clutter will distract you without a proactive approach to pursue your passion.

Clue #2: Place Yourself in the top 3% —> Understanding the things you are passionate about is a critical starting point.  However, keep in mind that it is just that.  If you know your passions and do nothing to pursue them on a daily basis, they will eventually get lost with life’s clutter.  The key here is to harness this passion and choose goals that will allow you to maximize your energy on a consistent basis.  Once you have the right ones in place, revisit them daily so you can put yourself in the top 3 percent of people that outperform the remaining 97 percent who do not leverage the power of goals.

Clue #3: Don’t Be Afraid to Own Your Aspirations —> The process of closing the gap on your goals means getting to the point where you are fully confident in your ability to achieve your vision.  This means being willing to put your goals out there when you are around other people.  One good strategy is to share them with someone who can serve as an accountability partner.  However, when you tell people about your lofty aspirations, be aware that criticism and doubt come with the territory.  This should not deter you one bit because you have chosen dreams that matter to you deeply.  Your “why” will be strong enough to fend off negative attitudes.

Clue #4: Do Something Daily to Make Vision a Reality —> Intentions are a great thing, but they will do nothing if you do not learn to take regular action.  As part of process, you must learn to do at least one thing every single day to close the gap on your goals. To maximize efficiency, choose activities that are a part of a routine that you can do each day to compound efforts.  For example, revisiting your goals each day in the morning and before you go to bed is a good way to create a consistent routine that will elevate your efforts.  No matter what, do something unique every single day to pursue your vision so it is only a matter of time until you get to live it.

Clue #5: Eliminate All Escape Routes —> If you are pursuing a lofty vision, there will come a point where you fall way short of expectations.  At this moment, you need to jump right back up and commit to learning from the process.  It is important to remind yourself that this will not be possible if you allow yourself to have escape routes that make it all right to deviate from your path.  If you want to reach full potential, eliminate any excuse that lets you off the hook as you pursue your vision and goals.  When your heart is completely engaged, you will fully understand what it means to earn the right to live your dreams.  At this moment, you will be on your way to realizing your vision and living an extraordinary life!